Aloe Vera Juice Side Effects
Aloe Vera is a succulent cactus plant, belonging to the family Liliaceae. It is widely known as “the Miracle plant” for its various medical, cosmetic and nutraceutical purposes. Aloe vera gel is a slick substance that is removed from the interior of the aloe vera leaf, while latex describes the yellow part which lies beneath the leaf skin.
Aloe Vera Juice Side Effects
Using aloe vera gel is thought about safe, however taking in unrefined juice removed from the latex can trigger a number of side effects resulting in major health dangers. Some of the side effects of aloe vera juice are:
1. Aloe vera juice consists of a compound called anthraquinone, a laxative, which can trigger diarrhea if taken in large quantities. Severe diarrhea can cause pain, cramps and dehydration.
2. Consult your doctor prior to taking in aloe vera juice, particularly if you’re going through a medical treatment or taking prescribed drugs, as the juice might cause unfavorable reactions when consumed along with few medications. Laxative in aloe vera might even hinder the absorption of some drugs in the body. Aloe vera juice also responds to herbs like jalap roots, castor oil, rhubarb root and bark root, triggering dehydration and diarrhea. Fenugreek and garlic do not digest well with aloe juice; it can reduce blood sugar and potassium levels in the body.
3. Consuming aloe vera juice can result in allergies like skin rash or hives, itchy or inflamed skin, difficulty in breathing, chest pain and throat inflammation.
4. Aloe vera juice includes latex, an ingredient which has numerous health threats related to it. It can aggravate illness like colitis, Crohn’s disease, appendicitis, diverticulosis, intestinal tract obstruction, hemorrhoid, stomach pains and ulcers. There are likewise files which suggest of hepatitis brought on by intake of aloe vera juice, becoming a cause of issue for individuals with liver problems.
5. Pregnant and lactating women are strictly forbidden from consuming aloe vera juice, due to its purgative and irritant qualities. It may promote uterine contractions in pregnant women, leading to miscarriage and birth defects. Lactating women should also refrain from consuming aloe vera juice, as it includes anthraquinone which may result in diarrhea. It is also thought about risky for children below 12 years of age.
6. Lots of people, who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and intestinal issue, must not drink aloe vera juice, as it includes high amount of laxatives which can increase the severity of the problem.
7. Drinking unrefined aloe vera juice can trigger dehydration and electrolyte imbalance in the body. It likewise alters urine color to pink or red in color.
8. Consumption of aloe vera juice can lead the body to produce excessive quantities of adrenaline, which can be damaging for people dealing with heart disease. It can likewise lower potassium levels in the body, causing irregular heartbeats, weakness and soft muscles. Hence, it is not recommended for children and senior individuals.
9. Consuming aloe vera juice, for more than a year can trigger pseudomelanosis coli, a condition which enhances the danger of colorectal cancer. There are even possibilities of developing carcinogenic danger if consumed in high quantities.
10. Aloe vera juice helps to decrease blood sugar levels by reducing insulin resistance in the body. Thus, a lot of people who are undergoing treatment for hypoglycemia or diabetes should consult their doctor prior to consuming aloe vera juice.
11. Overdose of aloe vera juice can cause blood build-up in the pelvis, which leads to kidney damage.
12. Long term usage of aloe vera juice can enhance the danger of constipation. Also, intake of aloe latex can trigger exhaustion of the potassium from the cells of the digestive tract lining.
Drinking aloe vera juice side effects are most frequently experienced by a lot of people who take in excessive amounts, surpassing the recommended dose.
Last modified: August 10, 2016