Pain in Left Side of Body
The abdominal area is prone to different types of pain due to the fact that the digestive system and its many supporting organs lie within this area. These pains can impact the entire region or concentrate on specific areas of the abdominal area.
Pain on left side of the body can be activated by a number of factors. Symptoms are more common in women and the senior due to conditions that are particular to these classifications of individuals. A few of the typical reasons that cause pain in this region are the left ovarian illness or problems with left fallopian tubes. Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, left ectopic pregnancy, diverticulitis, and left ulcerative colitis are the other more common causes of the left side body pain.
Types of Body Pain
Depending upon the cause and the underlying illnesses, the pains in the abdominal area can fall in to numerous types. These can be:
- Easy and mild pains
- Sever sharp pains that occur instantly
- Pains that emerge as mild pains and grow in strength
- Prolonged pains that vary in strength
- Chronic pains that lasts over many months or years
Those types of pains are distinguished by their intensity and period and these indications can be used in deciding the need for medical attention. The region or the location from which the pain comes from, is the other main aspect that helps detect the causes of abdominal pain.
Areas Related with Pain in the Left Side of Your Body
The left side of the body includes a number of vital organs and some parts of the digestive system. It also includes nerves, arteries, muscles, and ribs which form the rest of the human structure. Any among these can be irritated, infected, injured, and potentially fail to operate typically, hence trigger pain and other symptoms.
The following are some of the primary organs or body parts connected with pain in left side of the abdominal area:
- Nerves on the left side of the abdomen.
- Left half of the large intestine
- The Spleen
- Left Kidney
- Skin covering the left side of the abdomen.
- The Descending Colon
- The Stomach
- Left Adrenal gland
- Left Ovary in women
- Left Fallopian tube in women
- Left edge of the Liver
- Left Urethra
- Body and Tail of the Pancreas
- Blood vessels and the aorta on the abdomen
- Sigmoid Colon
- Muscles of the wall of the left side of the abdomen
- Illnesses in any of these structures can trigger pain in left side of abdomen area.
Causes of Pain in Left Side of the Body
There are different causes of left side pain in the left of the body and the following are a list of the most typical causes:
- Food poisoning. Consuming polluted food can cause gastrointestinal disorder. This can lead to vomiting and fever along with severe pain in the left side to the abdomen.
- Constipation. When the bowel movements are impacted, a sensation of heaviness is felt resulting in abdominal pain. Precaution can be taken in order to avoid constipation by eating a healthy diet that consist more fiber.
- Kidney stones. This is typical in both males and females. A severe pain erupts in the abdominal area, as a result of the stone passing to the urethra. Trouble in passing urine, swelling of body, and pain in back bone area and abdominal area are the symptoms.
- Hernia. Hernia is caused, when part of the bowel or gut tasks from an unusual opening in the stomach wall. Hernia on the left side can lead to pain in the lower left abdomen, according to face2016.ru.
- Psoas abscess. Normally happens due to an infection in the psoas muscle. When puss is gathered in the psoas muscle, a swelling followed by left abdominal pain is experienced. This condition carries the included risk of establishing tuberculosis.
- Endometriosis. This is detected by a swelling in the left side of the area where menses take place. This is a typical condition caused by the existence of womb tissues outside the womb.
- Pyelonephritis (kidney infection). Impacted kidney on the left side can lead to pain in the left of the body. The client might struggle with trouble in passing urine and experience fluid retention. The number of times the client passes urine also increases.
- Bowel cancer. The afflicted area can cause pain in the left of the body, which leads to constipation, anorexia nervosa and feeling weak.
- Crohn’s disease. This can trigger left abdominal pain, if it impacts the sigmoid colon. Crohn’s disease is often confused with other body pain. This is also another type of bowel disease.
- Ectopic pregnancy. This occurs at an early stage in pregnancy which takes place outside the womb. The impacted tube activates severe right or left side pain and vaginal bleeding. Common symptoms are feeling weak, dizzy, and experiencing pain in shoulder. If this condition is not treated at an early stage it can result in severe blood loss resulting in death.
- Bowel obstruction. If the bowel is obstructed in the left side, it can cause a severe pain on the left abdomen. If the obstruction is severe, there might be no other way to pass feces. Symptoms are vomiting, cramping, and griping pain.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. This is a disorder caused by the breakdown of the gut. The condition is recognized by bloating, passing of hard feces, extreme gas develop, followed by constraining abdominal pain.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm. A disease caused by a distortion in the aorta which bring blood far from the heart along the abdomen, this can cause a drop in blood pressure. In some circumstances, the pain is severe in the lower left abdominal area.
- Ovarian cyst. This happens at the side of the womb, near to the ovary. The pain spreads to other parts of the body like the thighs. The pain caused by the ovarian cyst is sudden and severe.
- Caught wind. Added gas in the stomach can cause left abdominal pain. The pain normally subsides by farting. The symptoms are loud bowel sounds, bloating, and pain like cramps.
- Rectus sheath haematoma. This occurs when one of the capillary from the groin causing the abdominal area is damaged. Blood collects under the muscles covering the afflicted area of the abdominal area triggering severe pain on left side of the body.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Left Side Pain of Body
Offered the wide range of factors for pain in left side of body of the abdominal area, the treatment can vary from easy remedies to significant surgeries and prescription medications. To diagnose the cause, physical examinations, ultra noise scans, X-rays of the abdominal area, blood tests, stool and urine tests, and endoscopies may be needed. Once the cause of the pain is correctly diagnosed, proper remedial actions can be taken. Some conditions such as irritable defecation, crohn’s disease and constipation are treated with laxatives and changes in dietary routines. Plenty of fluid intake will benefit individuals experiencing these conditions in addition to those with kidney stones. Hernia, sever kidney stones, ovarian cysts, rectus sheath hematoma, bowel cancer, and ectopic pregnancies will typically require surgical interventions. Other conditions which are resulting from inflammations and infections ought to be treated with correct antibiotics and other additional medications for achieving best results.
Pain on left side of the body can be caused by numerous elements and having an appropriate understanding of the possible reasons can help you look for the proper medical help for the discomfort. Pain in the body is not to be overlooked as it can be the symptom of a serious underlying disease.
Last modified: February 14, 2017